Welcome to Beatles International news. We will do our best to keep you up to date about anything Beatles related. Therefore this page will be updated frequently. Check out the new sub-pages, attached to various main pages.
SAVE Us Live At The Jimmy Fallow Show
Watch Save Us done live at the Jimmy Fallon show: http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2013/10/paul-mccartney-save-us/
NEW BOOK: That's The Way God Planned It
George Harrison – That’s The Way God Planned It
Author: Kevin Roach
Published by: Trinity Mirror NW
George Harrison – That’s The Way God Planned It is the latest book by Kevin Roach. It’s the third book by the Liverpool author who also wrote The McCartney’s: In The Town Where They Were Born and The Beatles: Living In The Eye Of The Hurricane.
That’s The Way God Planned It looks into the roots of George, his family and the area(s) where he grew up. We learn that his paternal grandparents came from the Old Swan district, which is an area in the east of Liverpool.
The book starts in 1902 with the birth of George’s paternal grandparents, both born in Liverpool, and continues with the birth and early lives of George’s parents. It then looks into the early life of George himself, his schooldays, his relationship with his parents, the birth of the Beatles and also that made him the person he eventually became. It ends in 1963 with the beginning of Beatlemania and the international breakthrough of the band.
Kevin Roach, who also worked on the research of the Martin Scorsese film Living In A Material World, has done an excellent job in uncovering so much (new) information about the Harrison family. The book also includes lots of previously unseen photos of the Harrison family and of places where George grew up. It’s a shame, however, that the book hasn’t been properly edited and therefore contains quite a lot of spelling and punctuation errors. Nevertheless, That’s The Way God Planned It is a great read and a book that every Beatles fan, certainly every George fan, should read.
Gabriëlla van Karsbergen.
BEATLE Mania And Hysteria
Here is an excellent article about 'Beatlemania' in British newspaper The Guardian http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/sep/29/beatlemania-screamers-fandom-teenagers-hysteria
FOR You Blue By Dhani Harrison
This is the short set that Paul played at the Jimmy Kimmel show yesterday. Only NEW is of good quality, but we didn't want to keep this from you so here they are, enjoy!
MORE 'New' News
PaulMcCartney.com has revealed the album cover design for "New" and has confirmed the track listing of the deluxe edition:
Standard and deluxe both include:
1. Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
2. Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
3. On My Way To Work (produced by Giles Martin)
4. Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
5. Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns with additional production by Giles Martin)
6. New (produced by Mark Ronson with additional production by Giles Martin)
7. Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
8. Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
9. Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
10. I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)
11. Looking At Her (produced by Giles Martin)
12. Road (produced by Paul Epworth)
The deluxe version of the album includes bonus tracks:
13. Turned Out (produced by Ethan Johns with additional production by Giles Martin)
14. Get Me Out Of Here (produced by Giles Martin)
Executive Producers: Paul McCartney and Giles Martin
Mixed by Mark ‘Spike’ Stent
Deluxe edition total Running Time: 52:15
NEW Songs Live In Vegas
Paul played a short live set in Las Vegas yesterday as part of the iHearts Festival. The set included three new songs from his forthcoming album: New, Save Me and Everybody Out There. This is the full set list Magical Mystery Tour, Save Us, Let Me Roll It, Everybody Out There, Another Day, New, Lady Madonna, Live And Let Die. Check out the new songs here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCQeszziXw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMmIX10rCQw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKYh9pok8eY
NEW 'New' Lyrics Video
Check out the new New lyrics video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkbbP0ozyMs
JACKIE LOMAX Dead At 69
(photo: Guus Kok)
Liverpool guitarist Jackie Lomax has died during a trip to a family wedding in the U.K. The musician, 69, who worked with The Beatles and Eric Clapton during his 50-year career, reportedly passed away on Sunday (15 September). Lomax had returned to England for the wedding of one of his children. The musician, who was married to the mother of famed photographer Terry Richardson, began his career in the early 1960s playing with several groups based in The Beatles' hometown of Liverpool and he released four singles with legendary group The Undertakers. He later signed to Apple Records as a solo artist and released the George Harrison-penned single Sour Milk Sea, but the track flopped. In the 1970s, he split his time between Britain and the U.S. and worked with several bands, including The Lomax Alliance, before relocating permanently to America in 1978 and continuing to work as a 'gun-for-hire' guitarist. He also played bass on tour with groups including The Drifters and The Coasters. One of Lomax's most recent appearances was at a concert last year (12) to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the famed Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
THE BEATLES – Live At The BBC Volume 2 trailer and tracklist
The Beatles: On Air – Live At The BBC Volume 2 will be released as a 2 CD and as an 180-gram 4 LP with booklet of 48 pages. Release date is set for 11 November. Here';s the official trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkPZH4MYCKM&feature=youtu.be
And this is the track list:
1. And Here We Are Again (Speech) / 2. Words Of Love / 3. How About It, Gorgeous? (Speech) / 4. Do You Want To Know A Secret / 5. Lucille / 6. Hey, Paul… (Speech) / 7. Anna (Go To Him) / 8. Hello! (Speech) / 9. Please Please Me / 10. Misery / 11. I’m Talking About You / 12. A Real Treat (Speech) / 13. Boys / 14. Absolutely Fab (Speech) / 15. Chains / 16. Ask Me Why / 17. Till There Was You / 18. Lend Me Your Comb / 19. Lower 5e (Speech) / 20. The Hippy Hippy Shake / 21. Roll Over Beethoven / 22. There’s A Place / 23. Bumper Bundle (Speech) / 24. P.S. I Love You / 25. Please Mister Postman / 26. Beautiful Dreamer / 27. Devil In Her Heart / 28. The 49 Weeks (Speech) / 29. Sure To Fall (In Love With You) / 30. Never Mind, Eh? (Speech) / 31. Twist And Shout / 32. Bye, Bye (Speech) / 33. John - Pop Profile (Speech) / 34. George - Pop Profile (Speech)
1. I Saw Her Standing There / 2. Glad All Over / 3. Lift Lid Again (Speech) / 4. I’ll Get You / 5. She Loves You / 6. Memphis, Tennessee / 7. Happy Birthday Dear Saturday Club / 8. Now Hush, Hush (Speech) / 9. From Me To You / 10. Money (That’s What I Want) / 11. I Want To Hold Your Hand / 12. Brian Bathtubes (Speech) / 13. This Boy / 14. If I Wasn’t In America (Speech) / 15. I Got A Woman / 16. Long Tall Sally / 17. If I Fell / 18. A Hard Job Writing Them (Speech) / 19. And I Love Her / 20. Oh, Can’t We? Yes We Can (Speech) / 21. You Can’t Do That / 22. Honey Don’t / 23. I’ll Follow The Sun / 24. Green With Black Shutters (Speech) / 25. Kansas City/Hey-Hey-Hey-Hey! / 26. That’s What We’re Here For (Speech) / 27. I Feel Fine (Studio Outtake) / 28. Paul - Pop Profile (Speech) / 29. Ringo - Pop Profile (Speech)
JOHN & PAUL recording "Come Together"
recently found picture of
2 friends recording vocals
during a session for 'Come
Together', late July 1969
after John & Yoko had been
in a car crash in Scotland.
There was a bed set up for
Yoko in Studio 2.
(thank you Mark Lewisohn
for your expertise)